Sunday, June 14, 2009

people always ask...

" are you happy with your job? "
" do you love what you do? "
" are you ever tired of just taking pictures? "

I get these questions a lot, and quite frankly i never know how to answer them...until just this very moment.

These past month has probably been one of the busiest I have ever been. Balancing a production I am a cast member of, being the photography chair for "race for the cure", putting together a gallery show, as well as my regular day job. Talk about stressful!

So I had a show today at 2, and I dont think I was the nicest person today, I tended to be pretty negative, and just a recluse...but WHY? was it the stress? was it not being happy with where I am in life? ...

...after the show, I quickly left and came to the studio, checked my messages, emailed a few clients and then opened up a folder of images from a shoot I had last week...turned on some great music so loud I cant hear the cars outside, or my phone ring...i just sat and edited...

and for the first time I smiled. I really do love what I do, I love the images I capture and the stories I tell...I love my clients expressions to the new pictures of themselves, and most of all, I love knowing that through it all, I am very much content with my life and where I am...

I am doing what I love, and doing it well!

And I leave you with a little bit of homework...go out there and do what YOU love. Life is too short to do otherwise.

Happy sunday to you all!
-c-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Agreed my friend! We all have days when 6 year olds drive you nuts.. for example but overall, we love what we do! And I love what YOU do too. You're fantastic at it.

PS- yay for the update! I check up on ya every few days :)